Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person.
This Policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose and protect the personal information of our customers and website users (“you”).
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit lorimorris.com (the “site” or “website”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On this website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages that we exchange with you.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download that provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and us.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this site.
By using this website, you agree to the terms of this Policy and to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy in addition to those explained to you where we collect personal information from you on the site. If you have objections to the Policy or to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, you should not provide us with your personal information or otherwise access or use this site.
This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this website after we make changes indicates that you accept and consent to those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
COLLECTION OF SITE USAGE INFORMATION
In general, you can visit lorimorris.com without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
We gather date, time, browser type, the name of your Internet service provider, the site that referred you to us, any pages you requested, your navigation history on the site and your IP address. We do not share this information outside of our organization. We use this information for our internal security audit log, site usage trend analysis, system administration, and to generate statistics and measure site activity in order to improve the site. This same information may be shared with our third party service providers in order for them to provide these services to us and to otherwise analyze, store, or aggregate the information for us. It may also be shared with other third party service providers (including but not limited to couriers and payment processors), working with us to improve our services or this website.
We also gather broad demographic information about our user base (such as name, email address, telephone number and address) to better target our marketing and product offerings.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We ask for your first and last name, address, email address, telephone numbers, and other personal information when you create an account online at lorimorris.com. You will also be asked for your contact information when you send us an enquiry, make an online purchase through the site, or enter into contests or promotions sponsored by us or our marketing partners. Please note that contests or promotions that are run by our marketing partners may be subject to their privacy policies. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before participating in any contest or promotion.
This information is used for the purposes we have listed below under “Use of Your Personal Information”.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the purposes listed below. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for the following purposes:
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To communicate with you through email messages.
- To provide you with information about our products, or services and those of our third party marketing partners and suppliers, including new product announcements and special offers, that may be of interest to you. If you elect to receive such materials, we will not share your personal information with such partners or suppliers but rather will send a mailing or email on behalf of the partners.
- To customize products or services to better meet your preferences.
- To allow you to access certain limited-entry areas of our site.
- To process and fulfil orders that you place through the site and to respond to customer service requests from you.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or purchases.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor to our business in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets.
- To advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. We do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers target a specific audience. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to display our advertisers’ advertisement to that target audience.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law or if we in good faith believe that such action is otherwise necessary to (1) protect and defend our rights and property; (2) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of this website; or (3) protect the personal safety or property of our users, customers or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions). This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not sell or rent personal information to third parties.
TRANSFERS TO SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may engage service providers to perform a variety of functions, such as fulfilling orders, assisting with promotions, providing technical services for our websites, etc. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. However, these companies may only use such personal information for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose.
SERVICE PROVIDERS OUTSIDE OF CANADA
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
You are welcome to contact us to obtain further information about Company policies regarding service providers outside of Canada. See Contact Information below.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If at any time you would like to review, update or correct any personal information we have about you, or to ask us to delete that information or to stop further use of that information, please let us know by contacting us at the e-mail or postal address listed below.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes.
Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
CONSEQUENCES OF GRANTING CONSENT
If you have implicitly or explicitly granted your consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as set out in this Policy, you can expect that the information will be used for the purposes set out in the Policy and will be subject to the disclosures described in the Policy.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
OUR EMPLOYEES’ RESPONSIBILITY
Our employees are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all personal information to which they have access. As a condition of employment, our employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement binding them to this responsibility. Furthermore, we keep our employees informed about our policies for protecting personal information and reinforce the importance of complying with them.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features/register on the website, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
This Policy is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision, principle, or rule (whether of the laws of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction) and notwithstanding your domicile, residence, or physical location.
Any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Website and under these Terms and Conditions will be instituted in the courts of the Province of Ontario and/or the Federal Court of Canada, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such action or proceeding. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to the venue of such courts.
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our [Privacy Officer] using the contact information listed above.
Last modified: March 19, 2021