Lori Morris Concierge - Toronto, ON
The Project Manager is responsible for managing a list of multiple projects with regard to timing, budget and client satisfaction. The effective and efficient delivery of this role ensures client expectations are met and exceeded.
The Project Manager reports to the Director of Project Management. The Project Manager has three key roles with regards to the management of a project; (1) Making sure that the client and Lori Morris’s requirements are met and/or exceeded, (2) To ensure the project, within it’s set scope of work is completed on time and (3) That the project, within its scope of work is completed on budget.
In order to achieve these roles a Project Manager must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. These skills will be applied when working with contractors, trades and suppliers as well as when working with LMD’s internal departments. A Project Manager must be able to multi task effectively. This multitasking not only applies to juggling their role as being an employee of LMD and also representing the best interests of the client but more importantly applies to constantly walking the delicate line between managing effectively and micro managing.
A Project Managers tool kit consists of Open Issues lists, Tasks lists, SORs and Project Timelines. These documents are expected to be kept up to date and communicated to all applicable parties.
As with all LMD employees, the Project Manager is expected to follow LMD’s Policies, Procedures and General Information.
- Knowledge of the interior design industry
- Knowledge of plumbing, appliance, lighting installation requirements
- Knowledge of millwork design, fabrication and installation
- Knowledge of tile, slab, floor, trim and plaster installation
- Knowledge of electrical requirements and restrictions
- Ability to read and interpret the following; floor plans, RCPs, electrical drawings, perspectives, millwork drawings, millwork shop drawings, detail drawings and tile layouts
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Fluent knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
- Understanding of AutoCAD
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Moral integrity
- High sense of team work
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Provide the Project Coordinator and all Schedule Administrators the entire scope of work of a project (SOR, timing, special requirements and budget) with regards to correctly filling in all LMD schedules
- Represent clients’ interests and concerns
- Manage and update project information including SOR, Open Issues, Task Lists and Time Lines
- Receiving all items delivered on-site
- Obtain required client buyoffs and approvals
- Provide all financial documents to the client
- Ensure project is completed on time and on budget
- Liaise with finance department to ensure that invoices are prepared and presented to the client for payment on a timely basis in keeping with LMD terms and conditions.
- Follow up with client during the project regarding outstanding deposits and invoice payment
- Work with all parties to trouble shoot and problem solve issues that jeopardize timing and/or budget
- Interface with the client regarding any and all matters relating to LMD
- Ensuring drawings are approved as required
- Provide drawing release timing
- Ensuring billable time meets budget requirements
- Distribute drawings to all interested parties
- Track and ensure all interested parties have the correct drawing and schedule revisions
- Coordinate and facilitate site access for the following LMD related design and decoration measurements
- LMD On-sight Measures, Wallpaper Installation, Drapery Hardware and Drapery Installation
- Review all construction progress on a regular basis to ensure that construction is following latest released prints
- Coordinate and facilitate site measurements and/or installation for the following LMD related installations;
- Wallpaper, Installed lighting, Plumbing, Millwork hardware, Interior doors, Appliances, Tiles and Flooring, Broadloom, Bathroom Accessories, Wall Panels and Bench Panels, Existing Mattress Dimensions (± 1”), Cushion Templates
- Work with the Senior Design Coordinator to ensure Install site readiness
- Perform “Final Install” walk through of assigned projects with the Senior Design Coordinator and ensure that the “Installed Items List” is filled in correctly and accurately.
- Ensure that all returns have been picked up and accounted for.
- Endeavour to collect all outstanding amounts for invoices including the final invoice.
- Collections will be taken over by the finance department one month from the date of the final invoice.
- Must possess a current/valid driver’s licence and must be legally able to drive
- Must possess a reliable vehicle for daily transit
- The PM will spend a significant amount of time driving between project sites and visiting clients and sight locations
- The incumbent will be required to travel to assigned project construction sites on a regular basis
- 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager (preferred)
Please reply with a cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
LOCATION: Toronto, ON (Preferred)